Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year and New Resolutions.

Most people write these kind of posts on December 31st or the 1st of the year, me I'm writing today.  I've been thinking about coming back to writing on my blog now that I'm feeling normal again.  I had done really well for the first 6 months of 2012 on being healthy and weight loss... But then my Grandpa's cancer came back and anything that wasn't a habit went out the window.  There was lots of tears and emotional eating after we lost him in August but I'm finally doing better. 

What I have found to help me was getting projects down. I love working with my hands and I finally tackled some projects.  I made pillow covers for my sofa pillows, finally painted our bedroom doors (they were the grossest brown green I have ever seen!) and hall trim, and hung some floating shelves in our main bathroom.  When I sat down at my sewing machine I said out loud to myself, "hello old friend".  I have truly been missing this big part of who I am, taking part of it again has made me feel whole again.

Beautiful Bathroom. Basket on the shelf and the potted fake plant I got at Goodwill for 99cents!

Newly sewn pillow cases: Mustard Yellow with white polka dots, dusty blue zig zags, and beautiful Paris design to go with our art we picked out before we moved in together 8 years ago.

This is a before of the bedroom... the picture makes the colors look much better. We now have a white ceiling, glossy white trim and oatmeal walls.


Well On to my resolutions.

1. Healthy- eat at home, less processed food, higher quality ingredients (splurge on the local butter, organic sour cream)
2. Be Positive- I'm removing anything and everything I humanly can to be more positive. Unsubscribing to emails that I never open has really helped. I have also started removing people from my facebook that I don't need to that in your face contact with.
3. Fruggleness- Your going to think Wha!??! she just said splurge on butter and sour cream! Where I need to focus on is bringing in crap, just cause it's a good deal does not mean I need to stock up on 20 shampoos!
4. Blog more, I know I'm not the best writer and most of the time I DON'T proof read my posts but I enjoy it.  I'm going to try to get a post up at least once a week.

For those of you who are wondering where I am with my weight, I haven't stepped back on the scale but I'm guessing around 248-252lbs.  I'm hoping to see 230lb in March.

I'm off to try some yoga tonight to relax. Here's the video I'm going to try.

http://youtu.be/e6Wt9CFb-4s

Take care and remember tomorrow is always within our reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment