Here's my little sister and I on her wedding day last weekend.
I was so happy that day. Not only was my sister marrying her "Man Friend" finally, my husband was going to come home from spending two nights in the hospital for blood clots in both lungs!
I wanted to share my new favorite fall recipe, Lentil and beefy crumble Shepards pie with sweet potato top!! Here's what's in tonight dinner. I love making this to use up veggies from my fridge.
2c cooked brown lentles
1c beefy crumbles
1.5 small onions diced
2T minced garlic
3 small carrots cut on the bias
1 small bell pepper diced
2 celery ribs
1.5-2c sliced mushrooms
1T mushroom stock base
2c cubed sweet potatoes
Light olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375f. Boil sweet potatoes in a pot of water
2. Add a small amount of oil to pan with straight sides and cook onion till transparent and then add garlic.
3. Add carrots celery and Bell pepper season with salt, pepper, paprika. If anything begins to stick add a splash of veggie stock.
4. After a few minutes add mushrooms and beefy crumbles stir ass it cooks then add lentils.
5. In a glass mix cold water and corn starch add that and mushroom stock base to the pan along with some Italian seasoning.
6. While gravy thickens drain cooked sweet potatoes and mash with a dash of oil and pepper and salt.
7. Pour veggie mix in 8x8 and top with mashed sweet potatoes and bake for 20mins or till potatoes reach your desired doneness.
8. Rest 5mins and serve warm.