Sunday, September 2, 2012

PCOS? Maybe...

So I'm finally giving in and going to the doctor. Losing weight is not working well... I have nearly every symptom of PCOS except for the missing periods. Hold my excess weight in my middle region, excess hair on face and hands (yuck), hair loss on my head (my hair is sooo thick that I still have to have my hair thinned by the hair stylist.

I hate going to doctors, terrified of what they are going to tell me. Over time I've gone from 172lb in 2004 to 220lbs by 2005 and then 240lb by 2006. Now I'm around 240-50lbs. I would like to get down to 160lbs. I was told my blood pressure was on the high side of normal in 2006, I cut out frozen meals and canned soup and in 2006 my bp was back to the same reading I got in 2004! 

Going to plan for a full blood work-up to see what is all out of whack to cause me these issues, I assume PCOS but there could be other things.

Wish me luck on finding out what's up with my body and hopefully a smooth transition to a healthier me. Just hope I can get my hubby on board to help me with the food aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment