Sunday, February 19, 2012

Completed Week 2 of Couch to 5K!

Back in 2010 I was working out at the gym with one of my good friends.  She had told me about the Couch to 5K running program that would like you from Sofa Spud to being able to run, yes Run a 5K in as little at 10 weeks.  It's running intervals. Week 2 includes a 5 min brisk walk then you Run for 90 seconds and then walk for 2 minutes. You run 6 times total. I was able to find an awesome podcast with good running music and then the person who put them together chimes in to let you know when to run and when to stop, Makes timing yourself effortless, there for I can focus on running. I'm working towards running on the elliptical for 2 days a week and then now I'm adding running outside on the path behind my house one day on the weekend.

I really enjoyed the run today, felt good to breath hard. I had my little Maverick with me today too, I think enjoyed a bit a quicker pace.  The still run full speed into the backyard after I took him off his leash when we got to the end of our drive way.

Today we made one of our FAVORITE recipes. Chicken Tikka Masala normally I make it with a ton of rice and have 2 huge helpings. Today we made it with spaghetti squash and broccoli. I was stuffed and it was just as delicious as with the rice! I am soo happy!

Monster Cat need a bigger bed or a smaller bowl...

No comments:

Post a Comment